Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Nutella Cinnamon Rolls


We are big fans of Nutella in our house.  Big fans.   Every morning, at least 3 out of the 4 of us will have some Nutella on some part of their breakfast (smoothie, toast, English muffin, pancake, in oatmeal...it just goes with everything).  

The other day, I asked Kensington if she wanted Nutella Cinnamon Rolls and the girl couldn't say "yes" fast enough.  Such a simple little recipe!  Perfect for not only weekend breakfasts but quick little weekday breakfasts too!

Simple. Fast. Breakfast. Nutella.

This recipe makes six cinnamon rolls and can be easily doubled for a dozen.

Shopping List
1 can of Crescent Rolls (I used the seamless sheets but the original kind works well too!)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 cup of Nutella
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 or 3 splashes of milk
1 or 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with Pam (for easy clean up!).  Set aside.

Unroll your Crescent Roll sheet (if you have the original kind with the perforated triangles, then just line them up in one big sheet and press the edges down).  You should have a rectangle of dough.

Spread your melted butter across the entire sheet of dough and then spread your Nutella across (it doesn't have to reach the edges, just keep it mostly in the middle).  Sprinkle your cinnamon across the Nutella.

Roll up the dough into a log (so roll it up with the longer end).  Slice the log into 6  or 8 pieces and lay each piece out on your baking sheet.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

While your cinnamon rolls are baking, make your glaze.  In a small bowl, mix your milk and powdered sugar together with a fork.  Add more milk if it's too thick and more sugar if it's too thin.

Remove cinnamon rolls from oven and immediately serve them with a drizzle of your glaze.


Cinnamon Roll perfection.

Happy Tuesday!

Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Okay. I have something to admit here. I've never had Nutella. Not ever. Not even one bite. Not growing up as a young child. Not ever at a sleep over. Never as an adult. Never. I take responsibility for my earlier years (actually, I blame my parents). However, my adult years are officially your fault. As my foodie "go to", I blame you. Next time you see me, bring a spoonful of Nutella and make me eat it. I have NEVER been interested in it. But your picture of your nutella cinnamon rules? OH MY. I want them immediately.

Tab & Erika said...

These look SO good!!! They're making my stomach GROWL just looking at the pic!!

Paula said...

Yummmm...
and Sheaffer, come join the dark side! It is delicious! Soft nutty chocolate at your disposal like peanut butter! Oh my!

Lexy said...

These look so easy and so delicious. Making me really miss Nutella (we can't have it in our house because my son is allergic to milk protein and they add whey to it). I have a recipe for homemade Nutella and these might inspire me to try it!

April Parrish said...

Yummy!!! Love this!!!

Jaren said...

My daughter will thank you! She's obsessed and puts it on her waffle almost every morning.

Sasa Zoe said...

wow looks so yummy:)

www.shallwesasa.com

Valerie said...

Oh my…!!! This looks delis <3 x

{Hi Sugarplum!} said...

Oh heck yeah...pinning these! We are nutella obsessed (consumed daily) -- I'm going to bust these out this weekend!!

Sidenote: why the heck is nutella so expensive?! I buy that jumbo jar and always gawk at the $8 price tag. #cheapskate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...