Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bundt Cake #90: Pineapple Upside Down



Do you see what bundt cake this is???  It's 90!  I only have 10 to go!!

And guess what?  I have about 85 more ideas in my head...but I will stop at 100 (and it will be a fabulous finale!).  I can't believe it took me 90 versions of my bundt cake to finally make a Pineapple Upside Down version.  Isn't that a cake staple?  Simple, delicious, summery...this is one of those cakes I can justify for breakfast.  You're going to be so happy I didn't forget to include Pineapple Upside Down in my 100 Bundt Cakes.


Shopping List
1/3 cup butter, softened and divided into slices
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 (15 oz) can sliced pineapples (slice each pineapple ring in half), reserve all liquid
1 box of yellow cake mix
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 pineapple juice reserved from your can of pineapples
 4 eggs



Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease (I use Pam) a 10 inch bundt pan

In your prepared bundt pan, drop slices of butter all around bottom.  Next, sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the butter all the way around the bottom of the bundt pan.  Put bundt pan in the oven for 6 minutes.    


Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, pineapple juice and eggs with electric mixer.

After you remove the bundt pan from the oven, carefully place your slices of pineapple along the bottom of the pan on top of your melted butter and sugar mixture.  You will not use all of the pineapple!  Just place one row of slices in a ring around the pan.

Carefully pour your cake batter on top of the pineapple in your bundt pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. 

Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes.  Then, invert the cake onto a serving plate.  Let the cake finish cooling. 


Because there isn't a frosting, this cake is really quick to whip together.  I buy the 15 oz can of pineapples because I want as much pineapple juice as I can get for the batter...you won't use all of your pineapple.  Reserve the extra pineapple for a separate recipe.  If you find your can of pineapples doesn't give you the 1 1/4 cups of juice you need, just add water to whatever pineapple juice you have until you reach the 1 1/4 cups of liquid.


This was love at first bite.


Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful moms out there.  This would be the perfect bundt cake to whip up for your mama.

You can also click here to see my Mother's Day Brunch menu.


Follow on Bloglovin

Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

Tamara @ The Workout Mama said...

How do you come up with all these amazing ideas? So awesome! Happy Mother's Day!

Katie Paladino said...

Don't stop! Shoot for 200:)

aprilparrish said...

This is by far my favorite!!!! Yummy!!!

Lexie said...

I agree with Katie!!

lannandem said...

love all your bundt cake recipes, i can't wait to try them! what a fun idea! My daughter's 2nd birthday is coming up and i want to try one of your recipes for her birthday cake, so thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

don't stop at 100! They're too good!

Debbie @ Deliciously Inspired said...

Beautiful Cake and a Classic.

Rachel said...

I can't believe there are only 10 left!
I love pineapple!!

floral&fudge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...