Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bundt Cake #35: Nutella


If you've never tried Nutella, now is the time.  Nutella is extremely popular in Europe but not quite as famous over here in the US.  It's this wonderful chocolate-hazelnut spread that has the texture of peanut butter.  It is soooooo delicious!  In Paris, they serve Nutella on warm crepes, in Amsterdam on pancakes and in Rome it's in the ice cream.  It's so delicious!  If I've being honest, my kids often have it at home spread on whole-wheat waffles instead of syrup...I almost always snag a bite or two.  Nutella is on the PB&J aisle at your grocery store, buy a jar and enjoy!


Shopping List
1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 small boxes of instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 cups water
 4 eggs
1 1/2 cups Nutella, divided
4 cups powdered sugar
1 stick butter, softened
3-4 splashes of milk


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease (I use Pam) a 10 inch bundt pan

In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water and eggs with electric mixer.  Then mix in 3/4 cup Nutella.  Pour into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes.  Then, invert the cake onto a serving plate to finish cooling.
To make the frosting, combine powdered sugar, butter, milk and remaining 3/4 cup Nutella with electric mixer until creamy.  Spread on cooled cake.

Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Jelly said...

I just love Nutella! A friend shared it with me once, and now I always have it in my house! I'm going to have to try this cake. :)

kristi said...

This is the best thing ever! I LOVE Nutella - there is always a massive jar of it in my cupboard. One of my favorite things to make with it (besides putting it on my waffles, pancakes and whole wheat toast) is nutella hot cocoa with cinnamon.

I can't wait to try this new recipe out! Thank you!

AllieDanae said...

Cannot wait to try this recipe!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that cake is so good it will make you slap your mama! Haha.
It's amazing!

Blair

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...