Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dinner Tonight: Erika's Pizza Joes


You know how I love me a Sloppy Joe!  Well...my girlfriend Erika told me about her Pizza Joe's and I was in love.  Erika was speakin' my love language (which she often does with food...except for this one time quite recently when she told me she was making a pasta with salmon and mozzarella cheese...I gagged and told her she should start her own blog, Fish and Match Mama...).  But I digress...

This dinner is super simple, a one pot wonder and very yummy!  You and yours are going to love it!  Thanks Erika!!

Shopping List
1 pound ground beef, chicken or turkey
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
1 onion, chopped
1 jar pizza sauce
1 cup mini pepperonis (or chop up some regular sized pieces) 
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
Buns
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, preheat a few tablespoons of EVOO.  Add in your ground beef and cook until crumbly.  Stir in seasoning and onions and continuing cooking 5-6 minutes.  Stir in pizza sauce and pepperonis and reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.  Serve Sloppy Joe mixture open-face style over a burger bun and top with cheese.

That's it!  So simple, right?!  My family loved it! 

That's what's for dinner tonight!

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

How on earth am I JUST discovering your food blog?! Made this (so quick!) last night and both girls LOVED it. I have another one of your recipes on my menu board for the weekend. Thanks, friend!!!

Amanda said...

HAHAHA!! I assume you mean Erika S.?? I'll have to ask her about her salmon pasta tomorrow...sounds incredibly awful. ;) I may have to make Pizza Joes tonight though. So fun! Love your blog girl! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...