Friday, December 16, 2011

Peppermint Crunch Rice Krispie Treats

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Rice Krispies treats are just a blank canvas for creating magic.  

I found peppermint marshmallows at Walmart on Saturday and immediately threw a bag in my cart (I also threw a bag of mint-chocolate in as well).  Not only are they super yummy tossed in hot chocolate but they made delicious pink Rice Krispies treats.  You could add white-chocolate chips in here too if you're really feeling fancy.  

Now...let's say you can't find peppermint marshmallows at your store...then just add in a teaspoon of peppermint extract and a bit of red food coloring and you've got the same thing by using regular marshmallows.  

You're welcome :).

Shopping List
3 tablespoons butter
4 cups peppermint marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Over medium heat, melt butter in sauce pan.  Add in marshmallows, stirring until melted.  Pour over cereal.  Mix well and then spread in a greased 8x8 baking dish.  (Spray a spatula with Pam and press it over the top to get the cereal to stay put in the baking dish.)

Cut into squares and enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF


Joy said...

I LOVE all your recipes!! I like how all the ingredients are simple and easy. I think i will add this to the tins of cookies i am making for husbands secretaries. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...