Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bundt Cake #13: Vanilla Bean Noel

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am obsessed (O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D) with Bath and Body Work's holiday scent Vanilla Bean Noel.   I discovered it 12 years ago and still swear by it today.  I once bought an entire carton of it.  That's right, carton of lotion.  Every year, when the scent hits the shelves, it officially marks the beginning of the Christmas season in my world.  (Thankfully, that happens about the week before Halloween...never too early to celebrate!)  My first Christmas version of the bundt cake is in honor of my friend Vanilla Bean Noel.  May it bring you joy in your kitchen this holiday season.

Shopping List
1 box of white cake mix
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 cups of water
4 eggs
4 tablespoons vanilla bean paste, divided (see below if you don't have a clue what I'm talking about)
1 can vanilla frosting
sprinkles, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease (I use Pam) a 10 inch bundt pan

In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water and eggs with electric mixer.  Add in 2 tablespoons of vanilla bean paste and beat until blended.  Pour into prepared bundt pan.

Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes.  Then, invert cake onto serving plate to finish cooling.   

To make frosting, pour canned frosting into a microwavable bowl and heat 15 seconds.  Add in remaining 2 tablespoons of vanilla bean paste and stir until combined.  Top cake and enjoy!

So...what is vanilla bean paste and what if you can't find it??? 
This is what it looks like and it's found on the spice aisle.  If you can't find it, then you have two options...you can either scrape the seeds out of 4 vanilla beans and use those seeds instead or you can just use 4 tablespoons of vanilla extract.  The reason I love the paste (or actual beans) to the extract is that I want to see the little flecks of vanilla in this cake.  (With the extract, you won't have the little flecks).  Any way you do it, it will be delicious and simple.  And the next time you walk past Bath and Body Works...think of me.  I'm pretty sure I own stock in it now.

35 days until Christmas!

Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am wanting to make this for Christmas. Do I add the vanilla pudding mix alone (just the powder) or do I prepare it into the actual pudding and then add it with everything else?
Thanks!

Mix and Match Mama said...

You just add in the powder! Enjoy!

Mrs. Bundren said...

Will it make a huge difference if you use the cook and serve? I picked up the wrong box of pudding! ��

Mix and Match Mama said...

The cook and serve won't really work. It's better to just omit it and bake the cake without any pudding mixes.

Anonymous said...

I am the one who left the first comment...I made this and got SO many compliments on it, so thank you for a wonderful recipe! Merry Christmas!

TheirMomToo said...

I have made this Bundt Cake 3 times since Christmas, Yes 3 times! The first 2 times I couldn't enjoy the cake because I was so sick. Which btw is super easy to make too ^5

After listening to multiple comments from Family & Friends about how OMG delish and moist this Bundt Cake is, I finally gave in and made myself one last night. The "OMG delish and moist" comments were SPOT ON!!

Thank you so much for posting this recipe :)

Oh and for the record, I used Pure Vanilla Extract. I'll be looking for Pure Vanilla Bean Paste for when I make this again :)

Thanks again, and Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...