Friday, October 7, 2011

Sweet Potato Whoopie Pies courtesy of my sweetie!

This recipe is especially sweet.  My cousin Brooke had a "potato party" at her new apartment.  Everyone was suppose to bring their favorite potato recipe and she would provide meat and salad.  Well...of course, I started thinking about desserts that I could incorporate a potato into.  I created this recipe just for the special occasion.  However, the day of the party, I fell really sick and couldn't bake.  My sweet hubby stepped in and said he'd make the whoopie pies for me.  I gave him this recipe and my camera and said go for it.  He baked these guys and then snapped this picture for my blog.  This proves two things: 1. I have the sweetest husband in the world and 2. If my man can make these while taking care of two toddlers and a sick wife, then anyone can. 

I sampled one once I felt a little better and let me tell you...they're really good!  They flavor is very cinnamony and not at all potatoy...simply yummy!  Love you babe!
And since he made them, I thought we needed a picture of him.  Sweet Andrew, the chef!

Shopping List
1 box spice cake mix
1/2 cup veggie oil
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 can sweet potatoes (drained, you'll only need 1/2 a cup)
store bought cream cheese frosting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, water, cinnamon and sweet potatoes in bowl. 

Drop by 2 tablespoons onto lined cookie sheet (leave about an inch between each cookie)

Bake 8-9 minutes

Cool on pan 5 minutes, move to wire rack and cool 15 more minutes

Take one cookie and place a tablespoon or so of store bought cream cheese icing in the center.  Press another cookie on top (this will spread the icing out to the edge).

Print Friendly and PDF


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...